Industrial safety expert review of design documentation
Industrial safety of hazardous production facilities
is the state of security of the vital interests of an individual and society against accidents at hazardous production facilities and consequences of such accidents.
It is stated that the category of hazardous production facilities includes facilities where:
- the following hazardous substances are produced, used, processed, formed, stored, transported and disposed of:
- inflammables – gases becoming inflammable under normal pressure and when mixed with air, their boiling point temperature under normal pressure is 20 degrees Celsius or less
- oxidizing agents – substances sustaining combustion, causing and/or promoting ignition of other substances as a result of an oxidation-reduction exothermic reaction
- combustibles – liquids, gases, dust capable of self-ignition as well as ignition from ignition source and burning independently after its removal
- explosives – substances capable of very fast self-propagating chemical conversion under a certain outside impact with heat discharge and gas formation
- toxic substances – substances capable of killing affected living organisms and having the following characteristics:
the average lethal dose through ingestion is from 15 milligrams per kilo to 200 milligrams per kilo, inclusive
the average lethal dose through contact with skin is from 50 milligrams per kilo to 400 milligrams per kilo, inclusive
the average lethal concentration in the air is from 0.5 milligram per liter to 2 milligrams per liter, inclusive
- highly toxic substances – substances capable of killing affected living organisms and having the following characteristics:
the average lethal dose through ingestion is max. 15 milligrams per kilo
the average lethal dose through contact with skin is max. 50 milligrams per kilo
the average lethal concentration in the air is max. 0.5 milligram per liter
- substances hazardous for the environment – substances characterized by the following indicators of acute toxicity in the water environment:
the average lethal dose in case of the inhalation effect on fish during 96 hours is max. 10 milligrams per liter
the average poison concentration producing a certain effect on Daphnia during 48 hours is max. 10 milligrams per liter
the average inhibitory concentration affecting algae during 72 hours is max. 10 milligrams per liter
- equipment working under the pressure of over 0.07 MPa or at the water heating temperature of over 115 degrees Celsius is used
- stationary hoisting mechanisms, escalators, cableways, cable roads are used
- melts of ferrous and nonferrous metals and alloys on the basis of these melts are obtained
- mining work, mineral processing work is carried out as well as work in underground conditions
Approval of expert review conclusion in the Rostekhnadzor bodies
Activity in the sphere of industrial safety
is regulated by the Federal Law 116-FZ «On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities»
As per the law, design, construction, operation, reconstruction, overhaul, reequipment, preservation and liquidation of a production facility are related to the types of activity in the field of industrial safety.
Documentation for overhaul, preservation and liquidation of a hazardous production facility shall be subjected to industrial expert review. It is inadmissible to carry our reequipment, overhaul, preservation and liquidation of a hazardous production facility without positive conclusion of the industrial safety expert review.
No deviations from design documentation in the course of construction, expansion, reconstruction, reequipment, preservation and liquidation of hazardous production facilities shall be allowed. Changes introduced to design documentation for construction, expansion, reconstruction, reequipment, preservation and liquidation of hazardous production facilities shall be subjected to the industrial safety expert review.
Being a developer of design documentation and rendering the full range of “turnkey” services to our partners and clients, the Engineering Infrastructure Design Institute offers a complex of measures on organization of industrial safety expert review of design documentation of hazardous production facilities by the following types of supervision:
- facilities of petrochemical and oil refining industry
- fire and explosion hazardous facilities
- chemically hazardous facilities
- metallurgical and coke productions and facilities
- facilities of boiler supervision (steam and hot water boilers; pressure vessels for steam and hot water)
- systems of gas distribution and consumption
- facilities of oil and gas production and major pipeline transport
The specialists of the Engineering Infrastructure Design Institute LLC as requested by Client carry out field supervision
in the course of construction, reconstruction, reequipment, preservation and liquidation of a hazardous production facility for which design documentation is developed.